After obtaining his Medical Degree in the University of Panama, in 1978, he trained in Obstetrics and Gynecology at the Social Security Health System of Panama, until 1983. He underwent sub-specialty training in Maternal-Fetal Medicine at the Albert Einstein College of Medicine/Montefiore Medical Center in New York City from 1983-1985.
From 1986-1987 he practiced as a high risk pregnancy specialist in the Social Security Health System of Panama and in the Panama Canal Zone. After noticing a lack of access to infertility services, he decided to undergo training in Reproductive Medicine at the Colombian Center for Fertility and Sterility under Dr. Elkin Lucena’s mentorship. He has over 30 years of experience in private practice.
He has been part of the staff and practicing in private practice with the Punta Pacifica Hospital (affiliated with Johns Hopkins) since 2006. He leads IVFPANAMA, the largest IVF practice in the country.
He is a member of:
- National Medical Association
- Panamanian Society of Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Foreign Member – Colombian Center for Fertility and Sterility.
- American Society of Reproductive Medicine
- American Congress of Obstetricians and Gynecologists, ACOG
- American Association of Bioanalysts -Supervisor
- Panamanian Society for Perinatal Medicine
- American Institute of Ultrasound
- American Academy of Anti-Aging Medicine
- International Society of Cosmetogynecology
- Associate of the Laser Vaginal Rejuvenation Institute of America
- Foreign Member – American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery